Tuesday, April 13, 2010

New Beginning..

Alright, this has been a hard week. I am aware that it is only Tuesday, but this week has been emotionally draining, spiritually challenging and full of personal growth. I'm not going to get into all the gritty details, but this week has been hard.
And we all have weeks like that and sometimes they get worse as the week goes on, and sometimes they get better.
I can only trust in god that the week gets better.
And this brings me to my next point, God.
As many of you know, I am a Christian and I go to bible study on Monday nights and last night was a great study.
We talked about trusting in God for everything and how everything in our lives is rubbish compared to Him.
I know what you're thinking, rubbish? Everything? Um.. OK crazy lady.
But honestly, what are we going to take to our grave with us? NOTHING. You do not see big mansions or hummers or piles of cash by the gravestones in the cemetery, you just see flowers from loved ones and the graves themselves.
So honestly why do we push so hard and try so hard to get all these things that we may only have for at max 100 years?
It makes no sense to me, although I am guilty of desires and wants for things that don't actually matter.
So I guess my challenge to myself and to others is to try to focus on something besides grades, homework assignments and classes because although those things are important, but they WILL NOT matter in 5 years let alone next semester.
I am going to focus on the Lord and trusting in His plan for me and I challenge you to do something similar. Focus on being nice to others, or the Lord, or your family. But focus on something besides the here and now, focus on the bigger picture, the end goal and try to achieve that end result that you want.
Alright, I've begun to ramble.
Look forward to more confessions.

No comments:

Post a Comment