Saturday, April 3, 2010

Birthdays and Roller Blades..

Alright, yesterday was my cousin's birthday party. She turned 5 on March 28th. Happy Birthday Claire. Anyhow we got her roller blades. So, after all the cake and presents, I put on my roller blades, my cousin, Matthieu who is 6, got on his scooter and Claire got on her new roller blades and we skated around the driveway until she was so tired that I had to carry her to the porch. So then me and Matthieu started playing tag and chasing each other around, soon enough Claire was ready for another go and got on her scooter and joined the chase. Needless to say those kids wore me out. I can tell I'm getting older, a couple years ago, that would have been a warm-up.
OK so fast forward to today and voila, more roller blades. I took my lovely dog Elvis for a walk/roller blade. We walked 2 laps around the elementary school and bladed 2 more. He is worn out, I can tell he is getting older because I wasn't yanked to the ground, and we only went around 4 times. We used to play outside for hours, my sister and I and both dogs.
I guess things change.
I'm starting to think about getting older, my 20th birthday is around the corner and to be honest its a touchy subject with me. When I think about getting older, I start to panic. I don't know why, I just do. Maybe because I'm starting to grasp the idea of death, I really don't know. But when I look at Elvis and I realize that although time is moving at warp-speed, and he is getting older and he probably won't be around much longer, he had a GREAT life. And that is all I can hope for.
Seriously, if I live to 100 and have a boring life that I regret, what's the point of living. However, if I live for 65 years and have a blast and have all these memories, I'm cool with that. Life is here to live it, its the quality not the quantity in this case. I would rather have an incredible life for 65 years than a boring regretful one for 100 years. Now, I know that I will have regrets either way, but I would rather have the regrets out-shined by the memories than vise-versa.
OK, that's enough from me for now. Look forward to more confessions.

No comments:

Post a Comment