Sunday, August 8, 2010

Inspiration

I am home, finally and I am waiting to head back to my grandmas for my last week at WXYZ.
As I lay in bed, trying to sleep, I stumble upon wonderful messages from wonderful women.
I am so inspired.
First, Sara.
On her Facebook on August 4th (I'm kind of a stalker) she posted Isiah 40:31 and when I got back from church, I was catching up on my gossip and saw it. I didn't immediately run to my bible to see the verse nor did I ask about it, I just noted it inside my head somewhere. Then, as I came to my room to sleep before heading out to grams house, I saw it again. It was different this time, something hit, someone moved my feet and I went to get my bible and saw this absolutely beautiful verse.
"But those who trust in the Lord for help will find their strength renewed. They will rise on the wings like eagles; they will run and not get weary; they will walk and not grow weak."
Beautiful.
This really struck me, because this is something I struggle with, trust. I am so concerned with my future, my projects, my education, my life, but do I stop to think about who is really in control, not really. I think about myself. I think about how devastated I will be if I don't get married, if I don't get that "dream" job, if I don't finish my projects at the station. Does it really matter? NO. It never will. Ever. Those things don't matter. God matters and He wants good things for me, He does. I know it sounds like the go to Christian saying, but it is so true, I can't tell you how many times God has proven He wants the best for me, how many times He answers my prayers. So since I know this and believe this, why can't I always trust this amazing God? Because I am a sinner and selfish in that way, but as He has always shown me God knows I am worried, He knows I'm not trusting Him and He does things to make me trust Him, and I am given constant reminders to trust Him. For example, this verse, the friends I'm surrounded with and the feelings of my own heart.
I am worried about finishing my projects and when I thought that I finally was about to get them done, it didn't work out. The editor was busy and I was told I could not meet with him today. Now, God is making me trust Him to finish them. I know it sounds weird, I know it does but its true. I know they will get done, but now I need to trust God that everything will work out the way it is supposed to, the way that helps me give him the most glory and maybe I need to sweat a little and get uncomfortable. God uses uncomfortable, God uses awkward and I know that those feelings lead to growth, thanks to Laura, my second inspiration for the day.
Laura blogged about her struggles with identity, I will not go into all the details, you can look yourself, but oh my goodness she really struck me.
It really helped me see how much I need God, how my relationship with Him is so important and how much I depend on it, but honestly I have no idea why God wants a relationship with me, our relationship is kinda one-sided. He gives me salvation and I depend on Him every second of the day.
Honestly, these two women kinda woke me up from my worried-coma.
So God knew I needed it and knew how to get my attention. He did. He knew and He always does.
Her blog also showed me how much I rely on the comfortable and how much control I need. I am a control-freak and although I am working on it, boy oh boy is to difficult and this struggle with my projects is just a small example of how I need things done on my time and if they aren't, I freak. Again, God uses freak-outs and I know that if He is using it, something will happen and I will grow from this.

God is good!
Beautiful is a hard word to spell...

I am blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment