Monday, September 20, 2010

The World Wide Webb

Title Credit: Christine Webb
Its official, I sourced it therefore I did not steal that title.
Anyhow,
Last Tuesday Christine Webb came over to my room, by surprise, to hang out with me while her lovely husband attended Landon Bible Study. During our hang out, we discussed many things, how her internship was going, how my crazy-busy life was going and life in general. After some surprise visitors and a lot of screaming, Lora, Sara, Cristina, Christine and I decided that after much talk and very little planning, we were actually going to have Sunday brunch! Exciting I know!
Well, it turned into a late dessert with Cristina, Christine, Rex and I, which was just as fun.
So after my, for lack of a better more descriptive word, stressful week, Cristina, Beau and I (SURPRISE! Rex wanted Crsitina to bring the dog, who would have thought?!) headed over the Lakeview Apartments to see our lovely newlyweds in their humble abode.
So we walked in, literally I knocked then opened the door, you know me I am super nosey and obnoxiously comfortable with others, and as soon as we walked in, the fun started.
We, by we I mean I, ate chocolate covered strawberries and brownies that Mrs. Webb made HERSELF. We played with a variety of cats, dogs and rats and sat at the kitchen table swapping stories about animals, school and residents. After our brownies and chatter, we walked down the the lake in the backyard. It was SO pretty, seriously this little hidden sanctuary in Okemos, who knew?!
So after spending some time outside, we walked back to the Webb House... Now this is my favorite part, or one of them.
As we were walking back, we get to the apartment building NEXT to the one Christine and Rex live in and Christine, sure as ever decides to walk up the path to this particular building as Rex, knowing this building is not their building, says "keep walking." Christine, obviously not paying attention gets almost to the door before seeing the wrong number and turning around. Now, I know what you are thinking, um... Katie, that wasn't really that funny, like at all.
But wait, after this happened and we are all laughing, Rex and I had one of our "moments" where we laughed and made fun of Christine, in a harmless way, for about the next 5 minutes... saying things like (in our fake Christine voice, of course, which sounds NOTHING like her) "Gee, they changed the lighting and numbers on our building since we left and walked down the lot and back... that's weird." This of course is ridiculously funny to me because Christine is VERY smart and more often than not, catches all of my mistakes when I talk or write and sometimes even in my actions, so any opportunity to make fun of her mistakes, which don't happen very often at all, is jumped on by Rex and I.

Side Note: Rex and I have these little moments where we laugh and act obnoxious, like 10 year-old boys. It's fun.

So, back in the apartment Cristina, Christine and I started looking at photo albums as Rex played with Beau. On occasion Rex would let Beau come over to play with us girls and she would pounce all over the photo album causing Crsitina to say "Oh, Beau, Oh... Stop Beau Stop!" After she got Cristina all up in arms about the photo album, Beau would go over to Christine, who was laying on the ground and "attacked" her, I say attacked in quotations because Beau is about a foot tall. During this "attack" Christine would enjoy it for about a second and then call to Rex saying "REX! Call.... Call the dog!" and Beau, knowing she wasn't wanted would lovingly pounce over to Rex who was on the floor laughing at Christine.
After the albums were looked through and put away, I, the loving aunt of Beau, decided to do as all good aunts do and get her all worked up before we were sending her home to her parents. Like that aunt who watched you when you were younger, the one who would feed you popsicles, candy and all sorts of pop and other goodies and then send you back home to your mom who would be pulling out her hair trying to get you to go to sleep, which was impossible because you were LOADED with sugar.... I'm THAT aunt, I do that to Beau, well the dog-version of that.
Rex enjoys this very very much, as do I.
So, what I do is bark and howl and jump up and down as Beau mimics me.... Its SO much fun! Cristina hates it, Christine didn't know what to do besides look at us and Rex was laughing with me and high-fiving me there after.
So thus ended our Webb visit and the three of us packed up the car and headed home.
A much-needed get away filled with much-needed laughter.

I love the Webbs...

1 comment:

  1. Awwwwww!!! I miss you already! We had a blast when you came over! Come over again soon, k?? This Sunday?

    ReplyDelete