Sunday, July 11, 2010

One Year.

One year ago my life was flipped upside down. One year ago everything I had known for 19 years changed.
After 19 years of pushing, pulling and doing everything in my power to push God away and out of my heart, He rocked my world in an unbelievable way.
July 11, 2009 Oscar Chapaton; my grandfather, my mother's father and my grandma's husband died.
And with death, came the death of something inside me.
That's sounds morbid, but it is so true.
After he passed away, I started to live with my grandma. I slept in the bed with her, where he slept and sat where he sat. It was an upsetting experience. I was so aware of my mortality and my lack of spirituality. Here I was trying to comfort my grandma, telling her my grandpa, her husband was waiting for her in heaven and I didn't even believe it. I have been raised Catholic my entire life and for 19 years I went through the motions and just like that, God had shaken me to the core. He literally shook everything in me and everything around me and changed my life.
This was the start of a rapid change in me. This is where I started searching for God and for what He had to offer and for who He was.
Remember how I said something died in me? That part of me that was pushing God away and going through the motions died. DIED. I was done being that girl, and God woke me up and told me I was done being that girl. He told me He wanted me to be another girl, His daughter.
In August, I met Christine and had a heart-to-heart with her in her room, after knowing her for 2 days and we had an amazing talk about God. After a couple of weeks, she invited me to bible study and with that the Lord began to work in me more than ever and a month went by and I accepted Christ and broke up with Kevin, my boyfriend of a year and a half who didn't believe in God and started my life as a new creation in Christ.
So, one year ago God flipped my world upside down and pulled me close to him.
After 19 years of disobeying God, He pulled me close to Him and changed my life. After years of pushing Him away..HE still pulled me close... He STILL did!

God is so good!

Although today was hard and this week has been full of emotions, what a great day! What a reminder of how much God loves me!

2 comments:

  1. I love you, chica :) Thanks for posting this... I needed to see this today. Praise the Lord for His faithfulness and grace!!

    You're encouraging to me, friend. Thanks for being a part of my life :o)

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember this...well, I kind of do.

    I didn't know you last summer, but, our first conversations started about boys and your grandparents...then, it all came back to Jesus.

    Keep clinging to Him, girlie.

    "Now therefore fear the Lord and serve him in sincerity and faithfulness. Put away the gods that your fathers served beyond the River and in Egypt and serve the Lord." - Joshua 24:14....awesome verse that this blog made me think of. :)

    PS - Sorry that I stink at blogging and you will probs never see this bc I'm so behind. :/ eh...oh well.

    ReplyDelete