Monday, March 14, 2011

Spring has Sprung

Alright, so instead of writing 800 blogs about all the crazy stuff that happened here at Club Yakeley over break, I decided to write one.
I have learned a multitude of things over break...
-Jim is easily scared
-Packzis are delicious
-My staff is crazy, but fun!
-Mad Gab is an awesome game
-Basketball is better than I thought...
-Chloe is my twin
-I have a great job
-I could spend my entire fortune in the Salvation Army
-I am extremely blessed

Here's the breakdown:
On Friday night, Chris and I were on rounds in WYG and we decided to take advantage of the creepy buildings and scare Jim. So we got Velora in on it and started to plan.
Chris got his Alien mask and creepy gloves and we called Jim.
This was the call "Hey Jim we just got a call that something was going on in the Williams basement but we are dealing with another situation could you guys go check it out? Thanks man."
Then we waited, Chris behind the door with his gear on and me in the corner with a camera.
And then Jim walked in.
Needless to say he jumped about 8 feet off the ground and we all had a great laugh out of it!
Then on Tuesday, Chloe and I went to shoot a Packzi story at Roma Bakery.
IT WAS AWESOME!
Mena, the owner, was so nice! She let us go in the back, and behind the counter, and she gave us 18 FREE packzis... and they were SO good!
I had my first, second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth and seventh packzi this week.
PLUS, the story looks great!
So every night for the first half of the week, the 5 or 6 of us that stayed here got together to watch a movie and hang out, we also went to dinner in Brody before rounds... I'm not going to bore you with all the details, but man oh man are they fun.
On Tuesday night, we got together to play Mad Gab and eat pizza.... hahahahah! Awesome!
Team B won! yeah baby!
So, MSU was playing in the Big Ten Tournament... and to be honest it wasn't that bad to watch, it was actually pretty exciting... I know I know, but sometimes even hell freezes over.
So not only was I on duty, I also worked about 30 hours at WKAR. And I realized how lucky I am to have that job. I get to work in my field and get paid as an undergrad. Awesome! Plus it is SO MUCH FUN!
Also, Chloe and I are officially twins, we do the same things, we like the same things, we are twins! YES!
So my parents came up to hang out with me on Saturday and we went to 2 Salvation Army stores... I love that place!
I got 2 dresses, a coat, a skirt, a pair of pants and shoes... I could go broke in that store.
And although I didn't go anywhere exotic, and I didn't save the world, I had a great break and I realized how blessed I am to be surrounded by the people I am surrounded by.

Alright back to class!

No comments:

Post a Comment