Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Blessings..

Alright, so today is Wednesday, which means discipleship group meets today! So first thing is first, I love these women, they make my weeks and they honestly have helped me grow in my faith so much this semester and this year. So today we talked about contentment and that the way to achieve this is to put the Lord first. Being a new christian I understand this concept, but I struggle with putting the Lord before myself. Everyday. But, today was a new revelation, since about January we have been discussing the "tongue challenge" a week-long challenge to think about what we say to people and challenge ourselves to be polite, positive and Christ-like with our words and thoughts for a week. And this is the week we are trying it.
This got me thinking.
I am SO blessed, seriously. I am attending a great university, I have fantastic, loving, supporting parents, I am talented and intelligent and the Lord has chosen me to be his daughter and has surrounded me with people that help me grow and learn and stay in His word. So why do I complain, nag, whine and focus on the things I don't have and ignore the great things in my life? That's a great question and honestly the only answer I can think of is, "I'm selfish."
God is good!
So with the start of the "tongue challenge," I plan to stay positive about myself, the blessings I have been given and others.
Praise God for all he has done and I ask Him to guide me and others around me to remember His goodness and the blessings he gives.

Alright folks, enjoy the sunshine and look forward to more confessions of a delusional bridesmaid.

1 comment:

  1. I'm honored to know you.

    God is good! and He is just, and righteous and faithful, even when we are not.

    Kate, you are growing, and watching that is so encouraging!

    God is working through you and it shows! He is faithful to complete the work that He started in you!

    Keep shining for Christ!

    ReplyDelete